The seasons are changing, the sun is setting earlier and the high Holidays have passed. What a great time to focus on our renewal of spirit and healthy eating. EarthKosher is honored to provide kosher certification for Cappello’s Gluten Free. Cappello’s is another wonderful example of EarthKosher certified kosher products that are built from the ground up, litereally! Cappello’s created four types of gourmet “ fresh pasta made from all natural almond flour”. This remarkably delicious pasta is gluten- free, grain- free and only uses cage free eggs! The texture is pasta perfect and it is food to feel great about eating.
Cappello’s is a Colorado-based gourmet food company specializing in high-end gluten free, grain free products. Founded in 2011 by friends Stacey Marcellus and Benjamin Frohlichstein, the inspiration for Cappello’s was born out of Stacey and Ben’s desire to create a totally unique food company, to be the best at what they do, and to legitimize their penchant for asking strangers to taste their pasta. Cappello’s mission is simple: provide fresh, uniquely delicious options for gourmet food-lovers, healthy eaters and people with dietary restrictions.
When Stacey is not making pasta, she can be found engaging in non-pasta activities like painting, snowboarding, fermenting food and ukulele-ing. Benjamin maintains a respectable ability to listen to music, stand on his head and take Instagram pictures (not always at the same time).
EarthKosher provides kosher certification to so many amazing companies like Cappello’s, because Earthkosher encourages small companies and healthy kosher eating that inspires your taste buds, and your life! Enjoy the cooler season, with this warming comfort meal, with a twist of good health. Earthkosher helps put the earth, into kosher certified food- L’chaim!
Fettuccine Pasta with Capers and Pine Nuts
Recipe from: Cotter Crunch
- 9 oz of gluten free fettuccine pasta (we use grain free from Cappellos)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- dash of sea salt
- ¼ to ⅓ cup greek yogurt (plain).
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp each dried herb mixed (can use onion and chive)
- ⅓ cup capers
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 tbsp fresh basil for topping
- ¼ cup parmesan for topping
- dash of black pepper
- First boil water and cook pasta according to instructions. When using gluten free pasta, be sure to cook al denta and then rinse in cold water after it’s cooked.
- Return to pot on low and add in olive oil.
- In separate bowl, mix your herbs and yogurt.
- Stir into cooked pasta and then add in your garlic and capers and pine nuts.
- Stir again and let all the ingredients warm together on low setting.
- Add parmesan to the pot or to each plate when you serve.
- Serve and top pasta with fresh basil and cracked black peppers.