Today’s food market spotlights the lucrative value of kosher certification. There is a “free-from” food trend on the rise, and according to the article Less is More in Food Business News, this trend has sparked a significant boom in non- GMO consumption, less processed food, and kosher certification. As predicted a couple of years ago, kosher certification is in high demand, with no sign of slowing down.
“Consumers are not opting out of consumption but are acting more intentionally and seeking out ways to feel empowered in their purchasing behavior,” said Laurie Demeritt, CEO of the Hartman Group.
Many use food labeling and certifications to help with these choices. A kosher label allows for a more transparent ingredient list and a way to determine allergens, animal product preservatives, and vegan items.
Packaged food producers and small natural product companies looking for that competitive shelf space want to understand the paper trail of the kosher process and ultimately: Who pays for kosher certification?
- Once the kosher certification process is deemed possible, the ingredients listed with kosher certificates (when appropriate) and the facility inspected by our rabbinic supervisors – a contract is virtually delivered and signed. The food producers or company is responsible for signing a contract and paying for kosher certification.
- This payment usually occurs annually and is renewed each year with a new valid contract.
- The thorough process of recording new ingredients, new products and supervised inspections remains the same throughout the year to ensure the contract is valid.
- We have a user-friendly program to allow a virtual paper trail worldwide.
- Sometimes the company is manufacturing products for a private label, and the companies involved sign additional contracts and sort out who is ultimately responsible for the payments.
As a leader in providing kosher certification within the natural food industry, we understand the value you place on accountability and gold-standard customer service. We support small and medium-sized businesses in over 50 countries. Allow us to guide you through a step-by-step kosher certification process. We are always available to answer any questions on our kosher certification or joint certification programs!