Choosing a Kosher certifier that has broad acceptance and credibility is a very wise decision. These are EarthKosher’s list of achievements:
- We are a member in good standing of the Association of Kashrus Organizations which is an exclusive invitation only organization of Kosher certifiers who abide by consensus Kosher industry standards.
- We were awarded the “Recommended Kosher Symbol” status by Kosherquest.
- We are accepted by the Kosher and Rabbinic establishment within the United States and around the world.
- We are accepted by Kosher consumers all over the world.
- We are accepted by chain stores, distributors and food service establishments.
Besides abiding by Kosher industry standards and doing competent work what is responsible for this broad acceptance? The answer is- our senior rabbi- Rabbi Zushe Blech. Here are some brief facts about our senior rabbi:
- He wrote the definitive and encyclopedic work on Kosher certification entitled Kosher Food Production, published by Blackwell Publishing.
- He was the Midwest Regional Director for the OU (Orthodox Union) for 14 years.
- He has served as a consultant to virtually every Kosher certification agency of any significance around the globe.
- His articles on Kosher laws and certification have appeared in journals and newsletters all over the United States and Canada.
- He has served as a consultant to major food and pharmaceutical manufacturers on issues relating to Kosher certification. Examples of such companies include: Cargill, Quaker Oats, Novo Nordisk, Genencor, ADM, AarhusKarlshamn, Ross Laboratories, Bristol Meyers – Mead Johnson, Nestle Foods, Ajinomoto, Akzo Nobel, BASF, Beechnut, Bell Flavors, Campbell’s, Jungbunzlauer, Chr. Hansen, ConAgra Foods, Dansico Dean Foods and J. R. Simplot.
- He served as an expert witness to the US International Trade Commission in Washington, D.C. on matters pertaining to Kosher products.
To quote Rabbi Menachem Genack the CEO and Rabbinic Administrator of the OU (The largest Kosher certification agency in the world) in his Foreword to Rabbi Blech’s landmark work Kosher Food Production,
”Kosher Food Production by Rabbi Zushe Blech represents an important contribution to making Kashrus understandable to the contemporary reader. Rabbi Zushe Blech is superbly qualified for this task, for he is deeply grounded in the intricacies of Jewish law and the complexities of modern food production. The clarity of his writing reflects his total grasp of the subject in both its theoretical and practical aspects.”