At EarthKosher we generally employ a 7 Step Kosher Certification Process:
Step 2 – Provide free quote and analysis of what Kosher certification will cost & involve
Step 3 – Complete documentation process of ingredients
Step 4 – Kosher certification contract review and approval
Step 5 – On- site Inspection and verification
Step 6 – Payment to Kosher certification organization
Step 7 – Obtain Kosher certificate and EarthKosher Kosher Symbol
As mentioned in the first section Determine Your Company’s Kosher Viability there are situations where we require that a Feasibility study be conducted prior to us offering a concrete quote as to what Kosher certification will cost. In these cases this would be part of Step 1. There are also situations where equipment needs to be “Kosherized” to make a Kosher certification program viable this would be part of Step 5. There is as well limited instances where we are required to supervise each Kosher certified production in this case these supervised runs are coordinated with the company and or contract manufacturer and is part of the ongoing Kosher certification program.
Throughout the year on a company by company basis we conduct inspections. These inspections are unannounced and generally last an hour on average. We do not disclose how many inspections are conducted throughout the contractual year. However, given that we do not bill per inspection but rather offer a flat annual rate this is not something that we find is of concern.
Kosher inspections are generally concerned with:
- Verifying that the ingredients and suppliers that have been approved as Kosher are being maintained in Kosher certified products and are not being substituted with non-approved ingredients and suppliers.
- Kosher certificates that the company has documented on its approved ingredient list are being maintained with a “current” status.
- Equipment on which Kosher certified products are processed has not been compromised by the introduction of Non-Kosher food agents or processing aids.
- Kosher symbols are being applied only to Kosher approved products and are being applied with their correct designations i.e. Dairy products are being labeled as such.
- No changes in the facility as a whole have been established which compromise the Kosher certification program.
This is what one client had to say:
“Earth Kosher provides quality customer service that combines
professional people, technology and service processes that are focused
on adding value to customers.”
Manufacturing Quality Assurance Coordinator